Craving pancakes? Here’s a healthy version that you and your family will love.
Some recipe notes:
For the fruit, we recommend using the mango and other higher-glycemic fruits only if you’re eating this meal after a workout. These fruits will help repair your muscles.
For everyone else, we recommend using low-glycemic fruits like berries for the topping. This will help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
For our Health Shifters: You will want to only use low-glycemic fruits like blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Almond Banana Pancakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 egg, medium
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 passion fruits
- 5/8 cup mango, cubes
- Put the mango pieces, and passion fruit flesh in a saucepan and add the water. Heat for 10 minutes on low heat until fruit is softened. Stir frequently. Put the fruit aside and let it cool.
- In the meantime, mix the almond flour, the ripe banana and egg in the blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan scoop 6 pieces of batter into the pan with a tablespoon.
- Fry the pancakes for about 3 mins. until browned and done on both sides. Turn them carefully, as the batter is not very firm.
- Serve with the fruit spread made earlier.
Track this new habit:
By making this recipe, you’re creating a healthier you! Be sure to check off this healthy habit in your Daily 9 Healthy Habits Tracker (download yours for free here).