Moroccan Lentil Detox Soup
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 2 cups sweet potatoes chopped
- 1½ cups cauliflower chopped
- ¾ cup green or brown lentils cooked
- 7½ cups vegetable stock (Or organic chicken bone broth if not vegan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tap ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cilantro leaves to serve
- Heat a large soup pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil (alternatively, substitute the oil with some water).
- Add in onions and sauté for 5 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- Addin the remaining vegetables, along with the cooked lentils, turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper, and grated ginger.
- Sauté for 1 minute and then pour in the vegetable stock. (Alternatively, if not vegan, can use organic chicken bone broth to increase the nutrients)
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- If the soup is too thick, add in a little more vegetable stock, bone broth, or water to loosen.
- Serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro.